6.14.2010

Boxers or Briefs? Or Do I Put a Tarp Down in the House?

You know the fun thing about potty training a little boy? He gets to wear adorable little boy undies with cars on them!

The end.

That and you're giving him life skills or whatever.

My mom (who managed to potty train three kids) has this on lock, but I'm still learning. She gets him to pee pee in the potty a couple of times a day and I get him to sit on the potty for a couple of minutes with no such reward, but still, progress! I remember a time when asking Dylan to sit down was like asking Jared to get all the things on the grocery list: Impossible and frustrating because they didn't yet have those skills.

Just getting him to sit and not scream or want to get up immediately is huge for us, and that he's actually making potty progress blows me away!

I don't think he really gets what we're doing, but with Dyl is a slow process with near perfect results. Once the boy gets something, he really, really gets it and doesn't mess it up. His probably the best teeth brusher I've ever seen, and when he understands how to say a word, he says it like a grown up.

That being said, wish our whole family luck because if it ever takes a village to do anything, that something is potty training a Dylan :)

Ooh, sidebar! Jared went on a small grocery trip last night and got EVERYTHING on the list, including wet wipes (baby things are mysterious to him, he may have come back with Clorox wipes, you can never tell,) which means that even a Jare Bear can learn! I'll keep you posted on how many things in our house are ruined by urine or Jared's inattention to detail until we get this under control!

-KelStar
(Love you Jared. You're a good shopper. Sometimes. If the list is only five things. And none of those things are for me or the kids. <3)

No comments: