6.07.2010

More Sweet Tea, Please!

Lately, more than ever, I am obsessed with being one of those old couple who wears matching fanny packs and holds hands while they sit on a bench swing on their front patio. I'm loving my life slowed down to a pace that I don't think my generation even understands. I'm still coming to terms with the idea of relaxing and enjoying life with no strings attached.

I am having a blast being a twenty something wife/mom/precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics, but I am going to be pretty much perfect at having grandkids and going to bed at 7:30.

I have been making an effort to sloooow it down and not succumb to the constant pressure in my world and just chill and get back to basics. It's totally working. I hope I can remain this calm for the rest of my life because surprise, surprise, it feels good to just BE. I stopped checking my email from home constantly, stopped caring if people get pissed if I don't update my facebook status, and stopped worrying that people assumed I am the worst mother EVER if Lylli has a fit in the store or calls someone's little boy a puppy or if Dylan has a meltdown that I can't get him to come down from for a moment.

My new attitude of being slow like honey is serving me well, I can literally feel a sense of peace with each new task I tackle, and I'm liking the way it feels to be a little less connected to my phone/computer and a LOT more connected with my babies, my sexbomb husband, my wonderful friends and family, and perhaps most importantly, my good, ol' fashioned, southern inspired home cookin'.

-Kel

1 comment:

osodemadre said...

kids will be kids, I used to stress about people being mad when Orson throws a fit in public. Now I know it happens, parents will understand and whoever doesn't understand can eat my ass.