6.10.2010

#6. The Change of Life. Literally.

#6. What things did you give up when you became a mom that you really miss?

My rock hard abs and spontaneous trips with Jared and company. End transmission.

Possibly the biggest surprise for me about becoming "Mom" was how little things changed. I'm still me, I still do the same things that I have always done - everything just takes a little more planning and I have a permanent accessory which I get to dress however I want. I'm the Paris Hilton of working mothers.

I was terrified when I was pregnant with Dylan that I would never be able to go on a date with Jared or catch a movie with my girlfriends ever again, but in reality, not only do I still get to do all of those things, but now it means so much more to me. We don't just meet up like back in the day, we go out of our way to plan a fun night and we all care about being there. It's a very warm feeling to have to plan a get-together, actually.

My mom and dad are saints and watch both babies one night a month for us. Overnight. The whole shebang. That night Jared and I get off of work and pack so much fun into one night it'll make a college kid look as lame as YOUR parents, and then we sleep in, eat at Cracker Barrel (reppin' the hashbrown casserole, you feel me?) pick up the kids and enjoy our lives as Mommy and Daddy :)

Now that the kids (I'm looking at you, Lyl) are sleep trained, there is a whole new galaxy of possibilities! I get to hang out with my girlfriends about once a month, I can go and get haircuts that I don't have to squeeze into my lunch hour... I can eat my food while it's still hot. LUXURY, PEOPLE!!

In closing, spontaneity only exist for me if we randomly decide to order pizza instead of sushi but my abs are nearly back to their former glory. Nothing has changed, really, but everything is better.

-MomStar

No comments: