1.18.2010

I Saw Julie and Julia

And I want to start a blog that follows Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals.

The premise: start cooking her recipes and then as soon as 30 minutes is up, BAM! Put that food on a plate and let's see how much got done.

I will probably save time by saying EVOO and probably lose time by trying to pile 1400 spices, condiments, and kitchen tools in my arms at once instead of making two trips.

I can't tell you how many time I have shouted at my TV with the same passion as my husband watching Monday Night Football, "JUST TAKE TWO TRIPS! TAKE...TWO...TRIIIIPS!!!" ::faint from anger/confusion::

That show should be called, "Middle Aged Women Who Sounds Like an 80 Year Old Smoker Who Piles Too Many Things in Her Troll Arms."

That has a nice ring to it, right?

I actually love her cook books, I've made tons of very sucessful meals at her suggestion, but never in 30 minutes.

The moral of this story is not to let me watch movies based on bloggers' true stories because I will want to make money, money, money blogging random things but won't be able to follow through because I am tired, tired, tired.

Yumm-o,
KelStar

1 comment:

Lins said...

I like her recipes too and we have a few favorites from her book. But 30 min? Sure, if you have everything measured, sliced, diced, julienned, and mashed by a crew of a dozen people while you get your make-up and hair done by a professional stylist.