1.05.2010

Resolutions. I've been keeping them.

Starting with my blog, yo.

Tonight's successes include coloring with both kids at the same time with no one choking on Crayola products, and making the time to update my blog of these successess.

Baby steps.

The big news in our life this week is that Dylan starts his speech/early intervention therapy on Thursday. I am thrilled to have finally Rambo'd our way through all of the red tape to actually get a therapist, and I can't wait to give Dylan more of the tools that will help him grow, but I really don't know what to expect which makes me a little nervous.

His therapist seemed great on the phone and I have heard really good things, so here's hoping she and Dylan are a good team.

In unrelated news, Lylli said "guitar!" today while Jared jammed for both of them and danced her little uncoordinated heart out.

We also had this exchange after I drew a picture of what I thought was a perfectly decent looking puppy:

Me: Look Lyl! What did Mommy draw?
Lylli: (dryly, not a hint of interest) Picture.
Me: That's right! And what is the picture of?
Lylli: (clearly disgusted) A baby?
Me: That's not a baby! What did Mommy draw?
Lylli: (Withdrawn. Dissapointed with her mother's artistic ability.) A puppy. (Long pause. Deep sigh.) A puppy,
Me: Well...I thought it was a pretty good puppy.
Lylli: (Stares in the distance as she places stickers over the puppy's face.)
Me: I'm just goingto clean up now....

When you can't impress a one year old, it's time to admit that you suck at drawing puppies.

I thought my flowers were pretty good though! Better than what her barely capable little hands were drawing. And she had the audicity to call what she drew "circles?" She only mastered HOLDING the crayon about a month ago! Who is she to judge my work!?

Pompous child.



Off to bed to snuggle up in this chilly weather!

-Kel

No comments: