1.11.2010

Quarter of a Century

That's how old I'll be this week. Twenty-freaking-five.


I'm not depressed about getting older, age ain't nothin' but a number, but I am a little freaked out that I have no real desire to celebrate. That's weird, right?

I am planning on going to Epcot with Jared becuase I get my birthday off at work and my birthday day also is date night, so I am VERY, VERY, VERY excited to hang out with Jared all day like we did back in the day, and we are planning on going to Kobe's for dinner, which should be deicious, and then I'm meeting up with my friends so they can all sit around and tell me how with each passing birthday they love me more and more and I'll sit there modestly accepting their praise...but still. I just feel so lackluster this year I don't know what to make of it.

You know what it is? It just hit me as I was typing: A whole day with Jared sounds like bliss...but I am going to miss the kids.

See? LAME! LAME! LAME!! I would be without the kids anyway on date night as we do them on Friday nights. I go straight home from work and Jared and start our evening from there, so I see them bright and early the next morning.

Maybe I can have it both ways, it's my birthday, am I right? Yeah. Of course I am. I rock on my birthday.

I can keep the kids late in the morning bc we don't all have to get up so I can go to work, and I can have a nice, leisurely breakfast with them, and then we can go to the park and play around and run and jump and hug and swing, and then I can bring them to my mom's house after I've had my fun with them :)

Ahhhh, blogging IS theraputic and useful!

And now, I am really looking forward to all of my favorite things packed into one day! Kids, Jared, Disney, sushi, friends and family.

Looks like I'm going to get to have my birthday cake and eat it too :)

Sigining off,
Kelasauras Sen
(get it...cause I'm a dinosaur bc I'm old, and Sen means old in latin... Ugh. Nevermind.)

1 comment:

Brettacular said...

You know, I didn't want to celebrate for my 25th, either. Truthfully, this year I DO again. Maybe it's just a temporary thing?