2.23.2010

Balancing Act

#3. Do you find it difficult to balance work and home - you talk about a lot of appointments.

Typically I find it very refreshing to play several roles. I like being able to switch hats and be a mom, a wife and a career woman.

I am blessed that my mother keeps both monsters while I work. I probably would have stayed home until the kids were in school if I didn't have that option. She's absolutely amazing with them and the kids completely adore her. Knowing both kids are safe, sound and happy (and giving someone else heck for a change!) frees my mind to tackle goals that I have for myself in the working world.

It can be challenging to navigate through all of my work appointments and meetings for Dylan and dr appointments for both of them and meetings at the Chamber of Commerce and remember everyone's birthdays and bring home adnd the bacon and fry it up in a pan and balance my personal appointment, but Dylan and Lylli always come first. I figure I'll get around to that gynocologist appointment when the kids are in school - I wasn't really looking forward to that anyway ;)

Becuase I have such a solid support system from my husband, family and in-laws, working and momming is a challenge that I enjoy. I learn a lot from each facet of my life and it gives me a unique perspective.

I can handle anything they throw at me at work. I have two toddlers that routinely put syrup in my hair, bang on pots and pans while I do taxes and hide chewed up goldfish in my purse. You can't rattle me at work.

I can handle anything the kids throw at me. I just dealt with a WC investigation for one of my subcontractors on a conference call in which two of the parties involved didn't speak English, the server goes down every month or so and the copier randomly shows the error message "document on glass," when Iassure you there is no document on the glass. You can't stress me out at home.

Sometimes I crack myself up by thinking that my life is so stressful it's as though I'm totally numb to it. It's just another day in a very beautiful and blessed life :)

Working also gives me a chance to wear cute shoes, eat my food while it's hot and not worry that someone is going to wipe snot on my cardigan...

I appreciate all the questions!!

Off to watch Lost, finish a power point presentation, kiss the kids goodnight again and snuggle up with my Jear Bear <3
-Kel, master of many trades :)

No comments: