4.10.2010

Numbers

Dylan has been a little off kilter lately. We've had a much too busy month full of appointments, therapy sessions, and doctor visits, and quite honestly, if I'M burned out and I'm awesome Kelli, I know my little trooper has been a little over scheduled himself.

Before he can start his pre-k classes, he had to finish up his last round of evaluations, so we've been stretched pretty thin. Thankfully, we knocked them all out now, and we're re cooperating from the March/April busy season.

That being said, he's been a little more sensitive and a lot more "autistic" this past week. He's been more interested in repetitive behavior than imaginative play and more withdrawn than usual. I made a conscious effort to get Lylli to bed on time so Dylan could have some easy going mommy and daddy time.

We sat on the couch and read about Cookie Monster and his numbers, and Dylan deftly showed me all the numbers, out of order (which I LOVE so I know he really recognized the numbers and hasn't just memorized the order,) and we were having a good time! He turned the page and pointed out "seven," then turned back and said "six!" He then took the book and turned it upside down and I internally cringed because he had been doing so well and I just KNEW that he was going to start spinning his book instead of reading it. Resigned not to make a big deal out of it, I kissed his hair and then he shoved the upside down six in my face and said, "a nine!"

Ha!

Freaking brilliant.

Jared and I high fived and would have chest bumped if we weren't sure our old bones would have broken from the effort of getting off of the couch.

His brain is so beautiful - I am trying to get video of him playing piano and humming back the notes in perfect pitch, stay tuned! (get it..tuned!? I'm so fun!)

Happy Saturday!
-Kel

3 comments:

Natureschild09 said...

I'm waiting for that video :)

Ash said...

tell dyl we need to have a jam session.

Lins said...

So he knows an upside-down six is a nine? That's amazing. He's going to have deeper thinking skills in certain things than his classmates. Yay Dyl!!