4.08.2010

And He's Also The Funniest Guy Ever. EVER!!

#5. How Does Your Husband Cope With Everything?

He doesn't.

He excels. ( You see what I did there? I tricked you into thinking he doesn't do well when in fact he DOES do well. Strategic spacing strikes again!!)

Jared, is amazing. Not in the cliché sense, either. I mean that in the most sincere, genuine way; he is awe-inspiring. Some mornings when he's wearing his jammy pants and a clean white t-shirt making me coffee, I could literally faint. I go all lightheaded just looking at him and the way he moves. I don't think I understood the word "palpable" until I fell in love with him. I get dizzy when he kisses the kids goodnight. I still feel those elusive butterflies when he leans in for a snuggle. I still stop breathing for a split second when I hear music that reminds me of him.

As for the children, they completely adore him.

He has a way with Dylan that I can't duplicate when it comes to getting him to stop his repetitive behavior (spinning, flapping his hands, what have you.) which I'm always impressed with. I don't have the touch! He usually simply asks Dylan to stop or removes him from the situation and Dylan is totally chill with that. He taught Dylan how to five and cried with me when he said his first "I wub boo!!!" He had an intense bond with our Dylan from the moment he held him. It was, once again, palpable. I watched Jared turn into father as soon as their skin touched each others' -it was magic.

Lylli has him wrapped all around her adorable fingers, but he tries his best to seem like he's in control. He tells her she's terrible and she smiles at him to let him know who's in charge, and he smiles back, powerless to her daughter charms. He's a grown man weakened by a teeny tiny princess, and it's just SO FREAKING precious.

So, as far as him coping, he makes it look like he's not being made to "cope" with anything. He's Nike about the whole thing - he just does it, with style, might I add :)

We get stressed, totally. We worry about Dylan starting school and Lylli rounding up boys and everything in between, but Jared handles it with the strength and wisdom of someone well beyond his years.

He's truly a remarkable young man.

I should also mention that two Saturdays a month he goes and shoots airsoft guns with his friends in the woods, or something. The details are fuzzy and sometimes people lose teeth. So...maybe he's not that good at this parenting thing and he's just been shot in the head with pellets too many times to put up much of a protest about giving them horsey rides?

::shrug:: Either way, he's really good at Daddy-ing. <3

-Kel

No comments: