8.01.2012

There's Nothing You and I Won't Do.


I can't get close enough to you.

I've often wished, mid-embrace, we weren't a solid form - that we could flow in and out of each other like liquid.

I've hoped that I could stop the world and melt with you.

Two beautiful children and endless perfect moments later, I realize now that this is what we have done. Our hearts, our auras, our thoughts, our ways, our glances, our wishes, our kisses, our minds make up an "us." A shared existence revealed itself to me.

I had never hoped that someone would love me so completely, and I never considered that someone like me, with defensive layers stacked strategically around my heart and mind, would be able to fall so madly and unconditionally in love.

You unlocked a softness inside me that I did not know existed, and discovered strength in me that I had been too insecure to harness.

So on your birthday, I make a fool of myself, telling the world that I am better because of you. Happier, healthier, and bursting with love - because of you. A smile on my face and a song in my heart - because of you.

We've spent years stopping the world so that we could melt together, and I still can't get close enough to you.

All my love on your birthday, my Jared!

Kelli


No comments: