11.25.2009

Being Thankful. It's Cool.

I've decided to stop complaining, which is unfortunate, beause it's actually one of my biggest talents.

I've decided that I have no right to say anything but positive things about my life and the direction that it's heading.

I'm blogging from my work, which pays the bills, listening to Borderline by Madonna and devouring a buffalo chicken burger and Diet Mountain Dew. I have fierce hair, an even fiercer husband, and really...I just have no right to not be rainbows and sunshine.

I think I'm finally at a place where I can acklowledge when I am stressed or annoyed, but I'm understanding every day how good I have it and how easy my life is most of the time.

Work or Dylan are the two biggest stresses in my life. Work becuase...it's work and I'm expected to be a rockstar full of sunshine who never messes up and keeps her emotions in check, and Dylan becuase he's my Boo Boo Butt and I want to give him all the help he needs to have a happy life, despite his ASD.

I have found a way to relax at work - we just moved offices, so I am much further away from the hustle and bustle of the office and the constant interuptions, and I can play my music louder than a whisper and not offend anyone with my love of Prince at 7am.

God has really blessed me for no reason, I certianly haven't done anything to have all the wonderful things that I have, and I need to be more deliberately thankful for the one million reasons that I smile.

Thansgiving I will probably be too busy with...well, Thanksgiving, to write a post, so this counts. The older I get, the higher this holiday ranks on the Kelli Top Ten of Good Things. I love a holiday dedicated to reflecting on our blessings and the older the kids get, the more I see how fast life happens.

To my husband who fixes me, has proven himself the most hilarious person alive, and who makes me breakfast every weekend, to my Dylan who makes hope tangible and humor heartfelt, my Lylli for teaching me new tricks, my mom for giving me an example too good to match, my dad for always knowing what to do, (with leftovers or with life,) my youngest brother for making me rethink what's cool, my middle brother for always knowing what to say to make me laugh at innappropriate things, my inlaws for having my children's best intertest in their hearts, and my friends, who truly, truly are the family that I chose - a most sincere thank you.

This lucky lady's out, much love to all you this holiday season!
-Kel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You keep writing, ill keep reading. Dont stop.