9.08.2010

Anniversary

I've gotten emails that I didn't blog about my anniversary, this means two things:
People are reading my blog!
You are all obsessed with me. (Fair enough.)

Jared. I can barely say his name without sighing. Ask my family, friends, co-workers - it's got to be sickening.

I didn't believe in fairy tale romances or "sweep you off your feet" love. Period. I thought that love and marriage were practical, and nice, and that if people approached marriage more like a steady partnership and less like they were going to live happily ever after we would all be better off. Falling deeply in love and getting butterflies every time you cuddle was a myth and it was best if everyone could just accept this and find a suitable life mate with similar interests.

This is the only time in my life that I was ecstatic to be wrong! Well, that and when I found out you COULD drink coffee when you were pregnant!


I can't believe that after only four years together we have gone through and accomplished so much. I remember us on a spontaneous trip to the Keys with our friends, frolicking carefree through our sand flea infested campsite and talking about how one day we would get married and never have kids ( what a drag!) and travel the world.

And now here we are :) I know when we're both sitting on the couch watching our beautiful children do ridiculous things that no amount of free-time or Italian travels could possibly compare with all the fun, and all the love, right there in our front room.

And, despite my suspicion that true love was a trap to get people to buy Valentine's Day Cards - unobtainable, imaginary, story book fodder, romance novel nonsense- I find myself swelling with love when I sign my last name the same as his and think to myself with a Cinderella sigh, "I'm going to live happily ever after."

Happy Anniversary, Jar!!!

No comments: